Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ImPerfect Just the Way I Am - I Take Comfort in That!

I wrote this post on 1/31/11 & just came across it now in  its "draft" format.  I decided it didn't have to be perfect, so I'm posting it now!

Countless times I've waited for the perfect idea, the perfect words, the perfect pictures, or whatever else I thought I needed, before starting, let alone completing, a post!  I'm not sure why.  I wonder how many other projects I've put off in my life because I thought they had to be "Perfect."  Probably too many to count.  I'm working hard to change that.


Life is not Perfect.   Life is full of ups, downs, happiness, sadness, luck, mishaps, riches, poverty, you get the idea.  I used to wonder why God allowed me go through some of the painful times I've experienced.  It was only until afterwards (sometimes, much later) that I realized, and was sometimes even thankful, for some of those hard times.  I think the following verse does a pretty good job of explaining why.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.      
I Cor. 1:3-4

Only Heaven is Perfect. So, as long as we are on this earth, we can only imagine perfection, and make our lives, as well as those of others, as beautiful, fulfilling, and full of comfort as possible!


What says comfort to you?  Certain foods, a family member, an old friend, a favorite sweater, a blanket, a song, a smell, a memory?  I'm asking that more and more these days.  What's really important?  I believe a lot of us are wanting to get "back to basics" and simplify our lives.  I know I am.


In God's eyes, I'm Perfect just the way I am, Imperfections and all!  You are too - don't forget that!


Many Blessings, Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always Love Your Feedback!